Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Clearing


Well, its been over a week now and I have been in the process of having the property cleared of trees where needed. A local logger is providing the work and so far has done a top notch job. He has opened up the pre-existing logging road along its edges of trees and has also removed most of the trees from the area where the actual house will be. Once he is done he will be using his dozer to stump and shape the road and building spot.

I have purchased much of the material for putting in the septic system. Hopefully by this coming weekend and long before the snow flies up in this region I will have installed the system so it will be ready come building time.

Winter is fast approaching and I don't know if there will be time to prep and pour the slab in anticipation of building this fall/winter yet. I have the sneaky feeling that the snow will fly before that point is reached and it will have to wait for the spring thaw. My fiance and I plan to at least have the building spot prepped before the frost comes, so here is to crossing our fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment