Monday, September 13, 2010

Pea Rock

This weekend I went to the local nursery and purchased half a yard of pea rock. Before doing so I called around for prices. A Nursery about fifty miles one way had the stuff for $25 a yard. The local nursery which is only several miles one way had the stuff for $55 a yard. I was not sure of how much I would need, but I figured no more that half a yard. Time is money and so I bit the bullet and went to the local nursery since they are closer and paid more for the product than if I had traveled further for it. Real nice folks there and if I was into plants, it was a very well stocked place. I am not though and so I picked up my purchase, or I should say they used a loader and dumped my rock in the bed of my truck and home I went.

At home I pulled out the shovel and started scooping rock into the wheel barrow and spent the next few hours filling up the trench around the skirting of the trailer. I must say that I was rather impressed with the finished look the rock gives to the edge. Hopefully now the people that I consulted that told me that this was the way to go to guard against frost heave damage were correct. After putting out the rock, I cleaned out the back of my truck and cleaned the construction material up that has been laying around the house. I got my tools put away and put out the lawn table and chairs and sat down for a cold one, pleasantly surprised at how well the house looks from the front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment