Sunday, November 8, 2009

Plumbing


Before the slab can be poured, the underground plumbing for the drains must be installed. This of course relies on some good ol' muscle and brain power. The muscle is for digging the trenches that the pipe must be laid in, the brain power is for properly dedeucing the correct flow of waste water and the correct angle of the pipe (remember water runs down hill, not up).


Fortunately I have planned to place the bathrooms and utility room in the same room, so that helps alot with the amount of trenching that is needed. Not only that, the upstairs half bath will be directly above this room, so everything is nicely stacked. The only long trench that was needed was the one for the kitchen sink, which by its nature is in the kitchen and not the bathroom.


So far it has gone well. For once we had a few nice days of warmer dry weather so that when I finally had a chance to go out to the property and figure out the lay of the pipes I did not have to wade through muck. I still dont think I will have the opportunity to pour the slab yet, but if I can at least get this plumbing done I can cap the pipes and lay hay on what I have done and wait for the warm spring breeze to grace this land once again.



No comments:

Post a Comment