Friday, November 12, 2010

Wood Stove Part 3

Last night I took the time and insulated the building around the stove. First I started by lining the inside wall with chicken wire. This will support the insulation on the inside since there are no internal walls in the building. Once that was done, I then started measuring and cutting the insulation. I happened to have a whole roll of batts in storage, leftovers from a previous project. These were faced batts, so I put the faced paper portion on the outside of the building. Overall it went up fast and fairly easy.




Around the face of the stove that sticks out the front of the building and the chimney pipe that exits the back of the building I left a gap where the wood does not touch the stove/chimney surface. When I put up the steel siding, that will fit up snug to these areas. Around the chimney, several inches out I built a heat shield which keeps the wood nice and cool. So far from all the test firings I have conducted, nothing gets hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment